Medical Receptionist/Administrative Support
Michelle D. Kelso
6805 Havenside Drive
Sacramento, CA 95831
Seeking a positon using my extensive knowledge and successful experience within the healthcare industry.
- Extensive experience in the healthcare industry ranging from administrative responsibilites to clinical care.
- Execellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, efficient and reliable under pressure.
- Possesses great knowledge of medical terminology.
- Detail oriented in the completion of tasks with the ability to multitask.
- Confident in interactions with individuals at all levels.
- Personable and compassionate when giving care.
Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents, PA, Chapel Hill, NC October 2008 - October 2015
- Greeting patients, verifying demographics and insurance information.
- Collecting co-pays and outstanding balances as well as balancing till at end of the day.
- Scheduling patient appointments and reminder calls.
- Logging and tracking patient forms requiring doctor's signature.
- Monitoring faxes and Patient Portal and distributing received information.
- Performing administrative duties as requested by Physicians, Nurses and Supervisors.
- Scanning reports and patient messages to Physicians in EMR.
RDU Airport, Raleigh, NC August 2006 - October 2008
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe shop.
- Greeting Customers and assisting with purchases.
- Completion of customer sales transactions properly.
- Daily ordering and restocking of necessary merchandise.
Midtown Medical Group, Sacramento, CA September 1999 - September 2005
Healthcare Administrative Assistant
- Responsible for answering multiple phone lines.
- Ordered clinical and office supplies as needed.
- Verified medical insurance.
- Appointment scheduling and filing of pertinent patient information.
- Assisted the Physician with Medical procedures.
- Performed EKGs and administered patient injections.