Teresa M. Tait
10163 Ellenwood Ave Sacramento CA 95827
To utilize my skills, knowledge and experience to assist an organization in obtaining their strategic goals.
SKILLS & SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced claim professional with over thirteen years of experience handling Commercial Auto, Garagekeepers, Innkeepers, General Liability, Personal Auto, and Homeowners Liability
- Experienced in negotiating claim settlements with first and third party claimants, attorneys, and third party insurance carriers
- Extensive knowledge of most insurance policies
- Consistently recognized for handling cases involving fraud by Claim Center Management and SIU Regional Management.
- Licensed adjuster for states: Wyoming, New Mexico, and Texas
- Highly experienced in working in a fast paced, customer centric environment
- Experienced in implementing new workflows and procedures
- Conducted successful presentations to groups of employees and business partners
- Experienced in maintaining positive account relationships
January 2001 to July 2012
Travelers Insurance Companies Rancho Cordova, California
Claim Professional, January 2009- September 2012
Working within lines the of business that included Personal Auto, Homeowner’s Liability, Commercial Auto, General Liability, and Garagekeeper’s Liability as well as liability coordinator for TPA formatted accounts. Reviewed and interpreted coverage; sent coverage denials as needed. Responsible for investigating and managing commercial Auto Liability claims for high profile accounts. Duties also included negotiating bodily injury settlements with third party claimants and attorneys as well as liens presented by healthcare providers.
July 2005 – February 2006
Infinity Insurance (temporary), Rancho Cordova CA
Claim Representative, July 2005 – February 2006
Handle personal auto physical damage and bodily injury claims for first and third party claimants. Complete investigation and determine liability, complete recorded statements, complete damage analysis and negotiate settlement of bodily injury claims. Maintain records as required by law.
December 1999 – March 2005
Zurich NA Insurance, Rancho Cordova CA
Liability Specialist, December 1999 – February 2006
Handle first and third party commercial auto physical and bodily injury claims; Garagekeepers, Innkeepers, and General Liability Claims. Coordinate investigation, estimates, appraisals & secure supporting documentation for liability assessment. Accept or deny liability and verify valid coverage. Negotiate with claimant/attorneys for settlement. Send coverage and liability denials as needed. Maintain records as required by law.
Heald Business College, Rancho Cordova, California
Associate of Arts, Accounting, 1998 – Graduated with honors
Casualty Claim Law Associate certified 2004
Casualty Claim Specialist certified 2003
Non-Resident Adjuster Licenses:
Texas adjuster license #1697661 Effective: 07/21/11 - All lines of business
New Mexico adjuster license #261137 Effective: 08/05/10 - Staff adjuster
Wyoming adjuster license #172282 Effective: 02/05/08 - General Lines