Retail Store Manager
5661 23rd Street
Sacramento, Ca 95822
Email: LyndaTyler@sbcglobal.net Phone: 916-202-5788
Objective: Full Time position.
Experience: Retail Management, Human Resources, Credit/Collections, Bookkeeping, Customer Service
Event Promotions, Marketing, Inventory Management
- This n That Thrift and Gift, 2590 21st Street, Sacramento, CA 95818
March 2005 – January 2016, Owner – Sole Proprietor
- California Hospice Foundation, 3257 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816
Office: 3841 North Freeway Blvd, ste 225. Sacramento, CA 95834
January 2000 – February 2005. Hospice Thrift Store Manager
- Chico Community Publishing – SN&R, 1124 Del Paso Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95815
August 1988 – December 1999, Business Manager
- Scripps Howard – Sacramento Cable, Pell Drive, Sacramento, CA 95838
June 1978 – August 1988, Credit Collections Manager, Call Center Manager
- Sacramento Medical Foundation Blood Center, Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816
January 1975 – June 1978, Recruitment Coordinator, AP/AR Analyst
- Sacramento City College, Sacramento, CA
BA 1985 Business Administration and Communications
- Dale Carnegie Training and Development Consultant 1985-1995
Retail Store Manager
- 16 years’ experience daily operations of a privately owned retail boutique with annual sales exceeding $200,000.
- Paid and Volunteer Staff of 25: recruitment, development, coaching, discipline, planning monitoring and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories, developing donation promotions, policy, procedure, record keeping and tracking.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements, tax records and accounting procedures.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
Newspaper Circulation Manager
- Schedule, Route, Trained, Monitored and Managed the weekly distribution of 150,000 newspapers and inserts; The distribution process of all publications produced in Sacramento, Reno and Chico Markets for a weekly alternative press publication.
- In concert with a network of 130 drivers, 1500 retailers, marketing and public relations professionals, ensures that all products are distributed in a timely fashion, coinciding with any marketing, advertising or promotional activities that may be related.
- Developed a FoxPro based software program for efficient and cost productive routing of drivers.
- Developed, marketed and managed a subdivision distribution profit center to offset publications’ costs by 20% annually.
Human Resource Manager
- HR experience in corporate environment and retail operations.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs for a staff of 200.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- High Volume, over 1 million annual sales, corporate collections experience in advertising publication accounts while maintaining less that .002% loss annually for 11 years.
- Receivables procedures in both corporate and residential accounting.
- Developed and manage the payment centers for cable television market of 350,000 homes and businesses in the greater Sacramento area for 10 years.
Call Center Manager
- Managing a 100+ line call center for marketing, billing, technical-service, and retention staff of 150 CSR in a 24 hour call center. Cable TV Service Provider. Included 3 customer service retail outlets.
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Promotions, Event Planning, Marketing
- Develop and manage budgets often in excess of 100 thousand dollars for implementation of seasonal promotional events. Sammies Awards Show, Summer Concert in the Park Series and Best of Sacramento Issue and Awards Event for Sacramento News & Review.
- Develop; negotiate contracts, marketing/promotions, site-event coordinate, budgets and security for events that draw in excess of 2000 attendees.
- Develop and manage retail promotions for open air markets, trunk shows, storewide sales and events.
- 10 years’ experience working with Dale Carnegie students as a trainer in oral presentation and sales skills.
Customer Service Professional
- Over 20 years’ experience in customer service environments that include receptionist, multi-phone lines, cashier, call center.
- Retail sales professional.
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication. Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment.